The current Basque Autonomous Community, placed in Bilbao, San Sebastian, and Vitoria-Gasteiz. The UPV/EHU hosts 156 research groups.
A research community has been created at the Campus o Ibaeta of the University of the Basque Country in San Sebastian, in the area of Physics and Chemistry of Materials, where researchers from different institutions collaborate both in educational and in research activities. The agents that are involved in this community are the Materials Physics Department (UPV/EHU) of the University, the Materials Physics joint center (CSIC-UPV/EHU), the Donostia International Physics Center (independent Foundation), and the Nanoscience Cooperative Research Center nanoGUNE (independent Foundation).
These four institutions collaborate in the framework of the PhD program “Physics of Nanostructures and Advanced Materials” (PNAM), recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education as a highly-qualified PhD program (Mención de Calidad MCD2007-00052)
SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES WITHIN PCAM
- Theory and modeling of nanostructures and low-dimensional systems
- Nanostructures, biomolecules, and advanced materials
- Experimental characterization of nanoscopic systems
- Nanostructured polymeric materials
- Photonic Nanomaterials
- Magnetism of micro/nano-crystalline materials
AVAILABLE PHD POSITIONS
Information about available PhD positions can be found at the web pages of the partners of our research community or contacting directly the institutions
- Positions at the Materials Physics Department(UPV/EHU)
- Positions at Materials Physics Joint Center (CSIC – UPV/EHU)
- Positions at the DIPC
- Positions at nanoGUNE
POSSIBLE SHORTER STAYS WITHIN THE NETWORK
Stays in the group for students can be done, as well as participation in the different training activities (more information).